photo by akihiro kawauchi
Artist / TOKYO
Sei Yamazaki Artworks / Sei Yamazaki Biography
Seitaro Yamazaki is a conceptual artist based in Tokyo, Japan. He showcases exhibitions and installations across the world. Yamazaki works around the theme of finding and casting a spotlight on elements that weren’t chosen for one reason or another in the evolution process. Yamazaki is the founder and director of Seitaro Design, Inc., radio personality of FM Yokohama “Culture Department” and the Creative Advisor of Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Organization Committee.
2006, BA in Sociology, Rikkyo University.
2006, MA in Art, Kyoto University of the Arts.
- Music for the margin #01 STEVE REICH COUNTERPOINT/ KIWA, Tokyo
- UNIT FOR Y-AXIS / J-COLLABO, NewYork
- In Praise of Shadows / MONO JAPAN 2018, Amsterdam
- YICCA 2021 Final exhibition / Hernandez art gallery, Milan
- RESONANCE / Camden Image Gallery, London
- NAMELESS PORTRAIT / Nagasaki Holland Village
- UNSAMBLE CAST / J-COLLABO, NewYork
- YICCA 2021 WINNING ARTIST (2nd place) / YICCA, Italy
YICCA SELECTED 18 ARTISTS / YICCA, Italy
PREMIO COMBAT PRIZE 2021 RECOMMENDED ARTIST
- The winner of 14th Arte Laguna Prize for an artistic residency at Espronceda / Espronceda (BARCELONA, SPAIN)
- Annual Group Exhibition And Showcase 2018 Winner / J-COLLABO, NewYork
2020. The Art Insider
2020. ＋81 VOL.86 CREATOR WORKING STYLE ISSUE
2020. DESIGN NOTE
2019. Art Business Journal
2019. Aesthetica the art & culture magazine
Once in the beauty (2019) / Tatcha LLC ( Unilever plc)
LETTER FOR YOU
To receive news on upcoming exhibitions and artworks.
Please subscribe to our newsletter.